Fri, October 12, 2018 – Tue, October 16, 2018 All Day
Northcliffe, Windy Harbour Rd, Northcliffe
The Bibbulmun Track walk from Pemberton to Northcliffe is well known for pleasant walking through the karri forest. If you’re looking to complete another section of the Bibbulmun Track, then this one at 57km in total, is achievable over the four days comfortably. We have decided to walk it in reverse (Northcliffe to Pemberton), just for something a little different and we’ve included this tour in our ‘Happy Camper’ series, as it’s generally a lovely time of year to camp out.
‘Happy Camping’, doesn’t mean carrying a full backpack with your gear while out walking the track, nor does it mean you will be sleeping in one of the track shelters. We transport you to the track each day from our base camp, you only require a day pack while walking, then we pick you up after the day’s walking and take you back Base Camp once again.
Our base camp for this tour is surrounded by acres of beautiful Karri & Redgum forest, adjoining surrounding state national forest. The Campground is basic (bush style), however it has hot showers & flushing toilets and we will be set up with all the necessary comforts you would expect from an Adventurous Women Tour.
AW Club Members: $695 (Membership Information)
Trial Members & Guests: $750
Please visit our site for complete information and to make a booking
● Completing a Town to Town Section of the Bibbulmun Track
● Visiting Understory, a nationally unique art in nature experience that everyone can enjoy
● The Albany pitcher plant (Cephalotus follicularis), endemic to the southwest corner of Western Australia
● Abundant Birdlife and amazing fungi
● Stunning Wildflowers, including many species of Orchids
- Experienced Adventurous Women Tour Guides who will cook, guide & care for you
- Comfortable Transport to and from Perth in 12 Seater Bus (with attached luggage trailer)
- Daily Track Transport
- Entry Fee to “Understory”
- National Park Fees as applicable
- 10 Quality Meals (*all dietary requirements well catered for)
- Plenty of Snacks & Fruit
- Happy Camper Non-Powered Accommodation Package – 3 Person Roomy Tent (no sharing required, as this is your own abode for the duration), stretcher bed, mattress & camp chair
- Camping equipment for the group (ie: plates, cups, cutlery, cookers, lighting, esky’s, tables etc)
- Camping Fees
- 4 Lunches 3 Dinners 3 Breakfasts
Day 1 Northcliffe to Lane Poole Road (11.2k)
Today we leave Perth at 7.00am making our way to Northcliffe, with a break for lunch prior to beginning our walk for the day. This section of the Bibbulmun Track is a great warm up, as it’s relatively easy walking (and a good stretch for the body after being in the bus for a few hours). On finishing for the day, we’ll head off to our Base Camp for the next three nights and settle in.
Meals: Lunch, Dinner
Day 2 Lane Poole Road to Moons Crossing (13k)
This morning, after breakfast we hit the track again for a beautiful walk, stopping at the Schafer Campsite for morning tea and spending some time here to reflect on the tranquil surrounds and beauty of the area.
There’s also a waterhole here for those who would like to get a little more adventurous and take the opportunity to have a dip.
Today’s walk should finish up just after lunch, so we then venture into the quaint little town of Northcliffe where we visit Understory, a nationally unique art in nature experience, that’s a little out of the ordinary! It’s back to Base Camp afterwards for another night of great food & great conversation.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 3 Moons Crossing to Gloucester Road (20.5k)
Another fabulous day on the track, with a few ups and downs along the way, to get the heart rate up. For a good part of the day we follow the path of the Warren River, while enjoying the shade of the mighty Karri Trees and onto Gloucester Road, which is our end point for today. Then it’s back to Base Camp to enjoy nature & relax for the evening.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 4 Gloucester Road to Trailhead, Pemberton (12k)
After breakfast this morning, we pack up camp before heading off on our last 12 k’s of this lovely section the Bibbulmun Track. Today’s walk will consist of a few more ups and downs, through stunning Karri Forest. Some of you may choose to take the diversion to check out ‘The Cascades’ en-route (our guide will discuss this option). We also pass the Gloucester Tree today and those who wish to brave the climb, are welcome to do so, before heading onto the trail head in Pemberton. We will enjoy lunch in Pemberton, prior to boarding the bus for the trip home.