We would like to invite you to be a part of Outdoors October and register an event or activity today!
Hosted by Outdoors WA, Outdoors October is a month long celebration of the outdoors to promote the outdoor sector and encourage increased participation in outdoor recreation. Throughout the month of October we need your help to build the festival feel for this event. The idea is to attract media attention, showcase the outdoors, and provide opportunities for people to GET INVOLVED in more outdoor recreation activities, more often.
As part of the Outdoors October campaign, Outdoors WA is hosting an online activity calendar to promote outdoor events and activities taking place throughout the month.
Do you have an event you want to promote through Outdoors October? Could this be the incentive to start up a new event that you have been thinking about for ages?
Outdoors October is an opportunity to:
- co-brand your current events during the month of October;
- get marketing and attract new participants to your event/s in October; and/or
- create a new Outdoors October themed event during the month of October.
Outdoors October Activity Calendar Listing Criteria
To be eligible for inclusion in the Outdoors October Calendar, your submissions must demonstrate their:
- encouragement of participation in outdoor recreation (e.g. participation event or competition) or
- support of organisations and individuals who are encouraging participation in outdoor recreation(e.g. training, conference, expo, etc).
Why should YOUR organisation get involved?
- Enjoy – Be part of an enjoyable month-long celebration of the outdoors and outdoor activities;
- Share – Share your passion for the outdoors with other like-minded organisations;
- Motivate – Be part of something bigger to help build awareness of the benefits of outdoor activities and motivate increased participation;
- Leverage – Experience promotional benefits through Outdoors October branding and promotional opportunities;
- Develop – Use Outdoors October to take stock of your activities and events and identify areas to improve existing ideas and generate new ones;
- Recruit – Take advantage of Outdoors October to promote your organisation and recruit new participants, clients and/or volunteers;
- Change – help create a world you would like to play in. Give people a reason to know who you are and how they can engage with you and your activities.
How do I get involved?
To be a part of Outdoors October, register your event today and inspire your community to get outdoors this October!