Sat, September 29, 2018 – Sun, September 30, 2018 10:00 am – 2:30 pm
Bibbulmun Track Dwellingup, Newton , Dwellingup
Perhaps you’ve done plenty of day hikes & are now looking for something a little more challenging? An overnight hike on the Bibbulmun Track.
We have chosen a moderate 26 km walk on the Bibbulmun Track to be completed over 2 days, with plenty of time to explore and enjoy the surrounds during Spring time! Our walk begins in Dwellingup and onto to Swamp Oak Campsite, where we’ll stay overnight (in the Shelter or BYO tent) and then return to Dwellingup the following day to pick up our vehicles.
This is a great introduction to hiking on the Bibbulmun Track, while carrying all your own gear and sleeping in the shelters (or your own tent). It’s an opportunity to have a go at this style of hiking on the Bibbulmun Track under the guidance of an experienced bush walking guide and in the company of like-minded women. It’s also a great opportunity to get familiar with your gear, have time to make adjustments as necessary en-route and learn what you do and do not really need to pack, before tackling a more challenging section or a multi day on the track.
You are required to have your own transport to Dwellingup and leave your car overnight in the township. (If you wish to Carpool, let us know and we’ll do our best to match you up with others who would like this option).
Your expert guide on this overnight walking break, will answer any questions you have about getting out on the Track and walking any section of the Bibbulmun, as well as providing information on how to effectively pack & carry a full backpack, tips on gear, feet, hiking poles, boots, trail food and more! We will also be holding an Information Evening in September on ‘How to Pack for an Overnight Hiking Trip’, which we encourage you to attend, so that you can see what gear you need & where to get it from (buy, beg, borrow, hire).
Prior to the trip you will also receive a hand-out of the gear you will need to bring for this trip, suggested food items, etc.
AW Club Members: $115 (Membership Information)
Trial Members & Guests: $130
Please visit our site for complete information and to make a booking
- Professional bushwalking Guide, trained in Senior & Wilderness First Aid
- Full First Aid Kit including PLB carried by your Guide
- 10 Million Public Liability Insurance
- Free attendance at our “What to Pack for an Overnight Hiking Trip” Workshop
- Tips, Tricks, Advice, Support, Planning (both on track/off track)
This Walk is for those who are:
- You’re a beginner when it comes to overnighting on the Bibbulmun Track, carrying a full pack and sleeping in a hut or tent.
- You just want to do something different to see what it’s like and if it’s for you!
- Already have gear, in need of a Nature ‘fix’, a good ol’ laugh and just want to enjoy the company of like-minded women.
- In training for a hiking trip where you are required to carry a full backpack, ie: road testing your own gear, looking to buy gear, or seeing what tips you can pick up from an experienced guide & others on the walk