Outdoors October is about getting more West Australians active and outdoors.
Over the past 5 years we’ve supported thousands of West Australian’s to be active outdoors. For 2019 we are taking a hiatus and looking at new ways to encourage more people outdoors in the coming months.
If you are looking for ideas on what is happening in the outdoors community head over to the Outdoors WA website at www.outdoorswa.org.au
We all know the amazing benefits to our health and well-being that getting into nature brings. Outdoors WA, supported by the WA Department of Sport and Recreation is leading the collaboration of outdoor leaders, clubs, organisations, schools and companies that make up the outdoor sector to bring an exciting calendar of events to the community. Make sure your outdoor club or organisation is involved.
Start planning your Outdoors October adventure.
Why Go Outdoors?
There are numerous rewards to being active in nature:
- Lifestyle – enjoyment of the great WA lifestyle of sand, sun, paddling, swimming, cycling, climbing…
- Community – connecting with family and friends, sharing time building memories.
- Connect – with our spectacular and precious natural environment.
- Unwind – supporting mental health, relax and escape the digital pressures of modern life.
- Challenge – taking on new challenges and gaining a sense of achievement.
- Adventure – discovering and exploring the unknown.
- Breathe – appreciating the natural world and open spaces.
How to Participate in Outdoors October
- You can search the Activity Calendar to find out what is on in your area; or where you can access the activities you want to do
- You can Make a Promise to take part in an outdoor activity during October
- Can’t get outdoors in October but like the idea – give Outdoor October a big Thumbs Up and LIKE us!
- Register & Participate, even if you can’t make it to a calendar event , register anyway and tell us what you will be doing
- Contact Us and send information, photos and stories about why you love to get outdoors and what you will be doing for Outdoors October
- Add an Event to the calendar – camping trip, bushwalk, club trip, climbing meet … etc
- If you are an organisation, club, council or school who want to invite others to come and join in, complete the Add an Event form. We will get your information up so others can join in.
- If you are an individual, small group or family who can’t get to something organised but still want to be counted, fill in the Add an Event form too, so that we can know how many different experiences everyone is having out there across WA.
Outdoors WA is a community organisation that counts on the support of our Members to continue to deliver initiatives such as Outdoors October. We invite you to JOIN US as a Member and show your support for the Outdoors sector in WA.