Getting you and your kids Outdoors
You know that getting your kids outdoors is good for them.
You know you want resilient kids, who can learn new skills, have fun and be in nature.
Then here are some great things to do with your child before they are 5 to start them on a path to ‘claim their childhood’ the way it can be.
- Climb a tree – remember, it doesn’t have to be big, just big enough to have some branches and bits that allow your child to get started.
- Explore a creek – paddle in it, explore the banks, look for guppies, splash.
- Build a cubby house. Get together some bits and pieces – cardboard boxes, old tableclothes, whatever is lying around. Build a cubby in a tree, on the lawn, or under a bush. Doesn’t matter where, it just matters that it’s a great place to be.
- Collect shells at the beach – have the smell of the sea come home with you.
- Sail paperboats in a puddle. Get some paper, fold it well, find a patch of water, and set the boats asail. (If you attach a string, you can pull your boats back as well).
You are on your way. Remember, there are lots of things you can do, at any age and in many environments. Use your imagination and be prepared to find your inner child.